Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
At Millbourne IT and Training Consultancy we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy and the confidentiality of your business when:
- We take in your Computer Equipment for repairs
- We visit you to carry out installs, maintenance or repairs to you equipment
- We facilitate remote connection to help sort out computers problems quickly
- You visit our website and fill in the form to be contacted
- Communicate electronically with us.
Information we Store
In operating our website or our daily business we do not store data about you, for commercial use unless you have specifically subscribed e.g. Newsletter or Advisory Bulletins. We do not provide any third parties with your details nor do we share this information with our affiliates without your express authorisation
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase is kept only to contact you
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason is kept only to contact you
- Information or data retained during backups is given back to you as soon as the task or repair has been completed
- Offsite data backup for your disaster recovery strategy is kept securely with access allowed to only key members of staff
Due to the nature of our business, our technicians do become privy to a lot of information that is held or kept around your computer hardware. It is for this reason that we make sure:
- We take all reasonable steps when recruiting staff of the highest integrity
- Ascertain that all login details are kept securely
- Ascertain no remote connection is initialised without the express permission of the Millbourne Helpdesk Manager who will confirm with the User by phone
- All reasonable safeguards are taken that no information should become available to third parties
- The remote connection is made for a specific task only
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website or business practices, such as improvements or service/product changes that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers
Storing Your Data
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, the Legal and Government bodies We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of L10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
Millbourne IT and Training Consultancy
100a - 102a Mill Road